Hello, lovelies! I think I honestly may have started a blog just to eventually get to the point where I could do monthly favorites! My absolute fave blog posts and YouTube videos are people talking about their favorite beauty products, entertainment, food, clothes, and everything in between. I also want to hear from YOU—please write me what your “faves” were for this past month. None of these are #ad—they are my complete and honest faves!
This month is special because it was Christmas. I have a few Christmas-themed things throughout. But who says you can’t spread Christmas cheer throughout all of December? I hope you all enjoy this post! Let me know what you think!
Cincy Shirts Fiona Christmas sweatshirt—Okay, you guys. This sweatshirt has been the thing I have worn 2-3 times a week (guilty as charged). Not only is it adorable and features my fave little local hippo but it is INSANELY soft. Like… melting in butter soft. It was the perfect amount of festive I needed this year and I wore it throughout November and December and I am very sad to see it be put away until Nov 1st… I’d highly recommend checking out Cincy Shirts if you are local (or even if you aren’t because they have an online store)! They have so many awesome, funny, and TOP QUALITY stuff. From sports to food to hippos—gotta check them out.
Gold knotted brass ring—I’ve never had a ring that wasn’t plastic coated with fake metal so I have been stoked to own this one. I’ve had strong attachments to rings before (loved a ring so much I bought 5 of them… and they all got destroyed/lost). I wear this one on my left ring finger as a promise to myself to not get caught up in the rush of trying to get married. It’s simple and beautiful. It goes with nearly every outfit and I am obsessed. It also supports shopping local! I bought this ring at City Flea in Cincy from a boutique in Louisville! But have no fear—they have a website too! Check them out for simple, elegant jewelry.
- Target reed diffuser—I have become obsessed with Target’s little diffusers. They are $3, sleek-looking, and lightly scented. They won’t smell up a whole room so they are perfect for a reading area or a desk. I kept mine on my vanity and my bookshelf so I could smell it while I was getting ready in the morning. I believe the scent I used this year was “Holiday Spice.” It was soooo Christmas-y and complimented the candles in my room really well. You can usually find them in the Bullseye’s Section at the front of Target stores!
- UrPower Diffuser—Okay, I just got this on Dec 23rd but I already know it’s gonna be my favorite all year long. I’ve been using a lavender oil every night to calm and relax me before I go to bed and it’s a dream. It’s also nice to just straight up put your face over it and feel the mist. It’s not messy, low maintenance, and I love the sleek white design. It also has a bunch of color options which is super fun!! (Also you can get it here with Amazon Prime!)
- Tree decorations—Okay, this is kind of silly and I can’t even tell you where I got this tree but I have two of them sitting in my room this year (either Amazon or Target… or both). But this is the first year I’ve even lightly decorated my room for Christmas and it’s just been so much fun. I love waking up in the morning and seeing these little guys. Just made the season a whole lot more jolly. I would definitely recommend you get your own little trees next year!
- Tis the Season Bath & Body Works candle—For the rest of my life and all of forever, this will be my favorite Christmas candle. It’s a good balance of spices that just sum up the Christmas spirit. If you could think up what Christmas smells like and stick it in a candle—that’s what this is. I don’t know how else to describe the smell other than that. The packaging this year was so adorable and festive. If you have used Bath and Body, then you know how high quality their candles are. It will last you all season and they can scent up an entire house after just a few minutes. I will love this candle forever. You can buy it online here!
- Worry Free Roll-On by Plant Therapy—This thing has actually been my favorite since September (as you can see, it’s almost gone). This, Jesus, and good people, got me through this insane semester. I put this on every night and every time I can feel myself getting a little anxious. It doesn’t fix everything but it does give me some temporary relief. It also smells oh so good. I have become obsessed with essential oils and Plant Therapy in particular. They offer so many great products. You can even Amazon Prime them! Woo! I would highly recommend everyone to try this product. You can buy it here for $9.95.
- Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit—This has changed the way I view lipstick. I used to never wear any because it would just smudge or be dry throughout the day. This guy has changed that. I’ve worn lip color almost every day in December because of it. I love nudes and this is for sure a quality one. It’s a brownish pink and goes on like a lipgloss but stays like a lipstick. I LOVE this thing. They sell this product at Ulta and Sephora, but this color is only sold at Sephora! This little guy was a free sample but as soon as it runs out I will be getting the full size.
- Magic in the Air scent at Bath & Body—I’ve used this perfume and lotionduring the winter the past two years and I love it!! It’s not your normal winter scent—it’s actually really fresh and could be used all year round. I’m not usually a big fan of fresh scents. It’s the best blend of fresh, floral, and woodsy. That’s honestly the best way I can describe it… a little bit of everything. This is a really good scent for everyone! And you can see by the nearly empty bottles how much I really love it!
- Rose Water Pure Simplicity Bath & Body Works body wash—1. I am obsessed with the Pure Simplicity line at B&BW. 2. I love roses. 3. I love body wash. You really can’t go wrong with this one. It is extremely floral-y so if you don’t like that I would stray away. Not only does this scent leave my skin smelling like roses, but my bathroom always smells like it for nearly a day after I’ve used it! (Bonus!) This line is a lot more natural than the rest of Bath & Body Works and I love that, especially when it comes to a body wash. I would for sure check this out if you love floral scents or a more natural approach to body care! Get it here online!
- L’Oreal Magic Anti-Redness Correcting Primer—I normally stick with NYX’s green concealer as it’s super cheap and it’s effective. They were out of it when I was at Ulta, and I stumbled upon this gal. It’s a bit more expensive than the NYX, but it’s also last double as long. It’s great to apply directly to a beauty blender and it blends much easier than NYX! NYX is a great dupe for this product but I like the L’Oreal so much I may invest in it a little bit more! (Yes, $13 for concealer is an investment for a 20-year old college student). PSA: I cannot seem to find this product on Ulta’s website even though I have bought it in the store now twice. I’m sorry I can’t link to it!
- Nestle Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha creamer—It’s festive and delicious. What more can I say??
- Reese’s trees—My favorite candy is seasonal Reese’s so you can imagine my delight in getting these every year. Not to mention in October and Easter season. They used to have heart-shaped ones for Valentine’s Day but last year I couldn’t find them anywhere! Here’s to hoping they will release them again this year.
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Squares—These are the best Christmas candy in my opinion. We always have these sitting around our house during December and I eat about 30 of them every year. So unbelievably good. They usually go on sale around this time of year and they are to die for. If you love chocolate and peppermint—hit this up before the season is over!
- She Reads Truth “Joy to the World” Advent Devotional—This is the first year I’ve ever done an advent of any kind. I decided to do this devotional with my boyfriend, Jonathan, as soon as I realized there was a “He” and “She” devotional. I ordered the bundle as a Christmas present for us this year. Every morning I have been able to refresh my spirit with the real meaning of Christmas. It went from Dec 3—Dec 30th and was beautifully illustrated. It was also filled with fun recipes, the meanings behind classic Christmas songs and traditions, and more. I definitely recommend checking out any of the She Reads Truth and He Reads Truth plans. You can even subscribe to their e-mails for a free weekly devotional!
- Nintendo DS—Yes, you read that right. Again, got this on Dec 25th so I’ve only been using it for a week. Jonathan gifted this to me and it is just about my favorite thing ever. I sold mine when I was in middle school and I have been missing it ever since I started college. Who doesn’t want the stress reliever of playing Mario Kart wherever you go!? Plus, can we talk about how gorgeous this rose gold is!? So in love with this present and so in love with the man who gave it to me.
- Star Wars (not pictured)—I have spent this past December re-watching every single one to get ready for Episode 8. I spent the first two weeks of December completely immersed in every movie. I’ve been watching and loving Star Wars for years but this particular month it was a fave.
- The Crown on Netflix (not pictured)—This show is just the freaking best. Not only do I love the British and the royals, but I LOVE history. This show is Downton Abbey meets a history book and I am obsessed. Claire Foy does a phenomenal job as Queen Elizabeth II and I would recommend everyone watch this show. It also features my favorite of all faves Matt Smith playing Prince Phillip. I just simply cannot help but binge this show.
- Lady Bird (not pictured)—Jon and I are movie junkies and it’s pretty great that we’ve found each other. Out of all of the potential Oscar-nom movies I have seen this year, this one is by far my favorite. It was funny, heart-warming, and just darn relatable. This is just an amazing movie for everyone (over the age of 15). It’s got the feel of Pretty In Pink with a modern twist. I love, love, LOVED this film!
- Hillsong Worship’s The Peace Project album (not pictured)—If you read my Christmas post for this year then you know I’ve been loving this album. While these are Christmas songs, I know I will find myself worshipping to them all year round. Hillsong never seems to disappoint and I have loved listening to this album.
I know this was a VERY long post so if you made it to the end THANK YOU!! I know a lot of this was either very Christmas-y or I’ve only had these items for a week. Let me know if you like this in a blog format or would rather me post a video! I’d love to hear what you all think! And please, please send me your month’s favorites here. I’d love to hear what you’ve been loving this month!!