Minimal summer makeup is probably my favorite thing about this time of year. I get to let my skin breathe and a little and soak in however much sun I can get without laying out. This year, however, is a little different. I have hardly been wearing any makeup (like most other people) since March so my skin has done plenty of breathing. Not to mention, we are wearing masks wherever we go, so what’s the point in doing a full face of makeup!? Here’s what I’m planning on doing this summer whenever I decide to actually put some makeup on. x
GO-TO MOISTURIZER: Vanicream Moisturizer
- If you’re a person who still gets dry skin in the summer (what’s up) or you just need a really good moisturizer that won’t clog your pores, this is your gal.
GO-TO SERUM: Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil
- This is probably the most expensive thing on this list and the only reason I own it is because it came in a Sephora Play Box. I am definitely using this sparingly because I am obsessed with how it makes my skin look and feel.
CONCEALER: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
- Ride or die forever. If you haven’t tried this, you are missing out. If I have my mask on, I’ll use it to cover up any dark circles under my eyes or pimples/scars on my forehead. Otherwise, I’m just dabbing here or there so I don’t have to wear foundation.
- This is still honestly one of my favorite powders even after trying plenty of higher-end products. It’s perfect to blend in the concealer better.
BRONZER: Nars Bronzer in Laguna
- This is another amazing Sephora Play Box find that I am still reaping the benefits of. Another bronzer I love is the Hula Bronzer by Benefit! I like to just put a little on my forehead because I am pale year-round. Without a mask, I use it as a contour. But since this is mostly a mask-on scenario I am writing for, you won’t see any blush or highlight here.
- Both palettes are perfect all year long and the “Naked 3” has been my go-to for over 6 years now. ColourPop’s “Take Me Home” has the perfect amount of gold and glitter you need for the summer.
- This is a super simple and quick eyebrow look that looks far more natural than what I have done in the past (and I am quickly noticing by the photos I look at). I’m all for boosting up your natural brow.
SPRAY: NYX Matte Finishing Spray
- Tried and true for years. I have even tried other products to see if I just don’t know what I’m missing out on, but nope. Still obsessed. The price has gone up almost $2 since I started using it, so they know they’re good (let’s keep it under $10, though…).
- Please excuse the uncomfortable mascara name but I love this one in the summer. The waterproof formula is so much better than this mascara’s regular formula. It truly stays on and doesn’t even try to slightly melt on your eyelids (anyone else have oily eyelids?).
Hopefully this inspires you for next time you step out of the house this summer! Whether it’s for work, a walk through Target, or a grocery run- anything to get out of the house, right? I hope you all are staying well, staying informed, and being kinder to yourselves. See ya next week! x